Universal Database Development
Design, develop, execute, schedule and profile SQL and stored procedures for wide selection of databases. Browse and search database objects and metadata.
Use drag-and-drop to create complex queries or write SQL in the SQL-dialect-aware editor. Format SQL and use built-in code snippets for most popular SQL databases.
Take advantage of fully integrated ETL engine which can help you automate many database development tasks, such as data mining, data migration, data preparation and data cleaning.
What makes Data Explorer unique among similar tools is an ability to run in the client-server and Web modes so connections and other resources can be shared between developers and easily monitored by administators.
Database development features of Data Explorer:
- Background error parsing: syntax errors in your SQL are detected and highlighted offline, even before SQL is executed
- Extensive support for database specific features for most widely used databases, including support for specific flavors of SQL, running SQL in an external tool, explain plan, auto trace and much more
- Ability to execute SQL with parameters
- Ability to execute stored procedures and functions right from the Objects Browser
- Ability to display output parameters, including cursors, returned by stored procedures
- Ability to capture and display dbms output
- Centralized server-based deployment when all sensitive information (such as database credentials) are stored on the server and all SQL queries are executed by server component (Web and client-server modes only)
- Ability to schedule and audit execution of SQL queries (Web and client-server modes only)
- Ability to assign roles and rights to developers (Web and client-server modes only)
Read more about database development in Data Explorer.